Since the Corona crisis, we have found ourselves in a completely new situation and we’re trying to cope as best as we can. While this brings out a lot of anxiety and is a stressful time for people all around the world, we also see some positive effects on our home life. Are you also enjoying spending more time with your kids and getting creative in your backyard? You’re not the only one! Empty supermarket shelves and dreaded trips to the grocery store, have inspired people to start planting and harvesting their own crops!
Still on the fence whether or not to start growing vegetables and fruits of your own? Let us give you some extra inspiration on why now is the perfect time to get started!
- For probably the first time ever, you can’t use the phrase: I’m too busy. We ourselves are combining working from home with a baby, so we don’t have much time to spare during the week, but during the weekend we are loving the extra quality time. What better moment to get started on your vegetable garden?
- Save yourself trips to the supermarket! Whether we like it or not, ‘normal life’ is not coming back any time soon. Avoid last minute trips to the supermarket because your fridge is empty. Wander into your yard or onto your balcony and harvest some fresh grown vegetables to make a ratatouille or salad.
- When you buy vegetables in the supermarket, you don’t know how many hands have touched them before you put them into your basket. We feel it’s reassuring to know our veggies are virus free.
- Whether you are planning to grow in open air or in a greenhouse, gardening is the perfect stress relief. Get your hands dirty and clear your head!
- It’s the perfect way to get kids outside and to engage them in a fun family activity. Look at your kid’s face when they harvest their first homegrown vegetables.
- Not only is it the perfect way to get kids outside, it’s also the perfect way to get them to eat more vegetables. We bet they are way more excited when they’ve planted, plucked, and prepared the vegetables themselves.
- When you grow in a greenhouse instead of outside, you will be able to enjoy fresh grown vegetables all year long. Have you always dreamed about having a greenhouse and feel the time has come to take the plunge? We’ve made it easy for you by providing you with the ultimate greenhouse beginners guide!
- Are you currently not able to work due to the crisis or do you find yourself with extra time on your hands? This new hobby will guarantee to make you happy, and you don’t have to leave your house to get started!
- Do you need even more reasons to convince you? You’re a tough cookie! But hey, we don’t give up. Here are 7 more reasons to start growing in your yard or greenhouse!
Are you ready to start growing fruits and vegetables? Luckily for you, we have written an entire beginners guide. Enjoy!