While wooden greenhouses stand out because of their natural design, most greenhouse frames are made out of aluminum.
The benefits of an aluminum greenhouse
- The main reason to choose an aluminum frame instead of a wooden model, is the price. Aluminum offers great quality for a very reasonable price.
- Aluminum greenhouse frames come in many different colors, such as grey, green, black and brown. Just pick the color that suits your taste and backyard best.
- While wooden greenhouses give you that nice, natural look, aluminum frames are more durable. They don’t rust, or soften and will last you many, many years.
- Aluminum is a very light material, which makes it easier to assemble and move your greenhouse.
These days, most greenhouse frames are made out of aluminum, which will give you the biggest choice. The amount of size and shapes is huge, you’re sure to find an aluminum greenhouse that fits your taste!
Panels of an aluminum greenhouse
An aluminum greenhouse is usually combined with polycarbonate side and roof panels. Like aluminum, these are strong and durable. There’s usually a choice between clear panels or milky ones. Depending on the amount of sunlight your greenhouse will receive and the climate you live in, you need to decide whether you need to maximize the amount of sun beams entering your greenhouse (clear panels) or protect it from overheating (milky panels).
Some aluminum frames are combined with glass panels. These glass greenhouses have a luxurious appearance and are strong and durable. However, the price of these models will be a lot higher than the polycarbonate greenhouse. Take a look at our glass greenhouse article, to figure out if this is the right pick for you!
Aluminum greenhouse sizes
Since most greenhouses are currently made out of aluminum, there are many models available in just about every size. Whether you’re looking for a mini greenhouse or a 8’x20’ model, most manufacturers offer more than one model per size. The mostly used hobby aluminum greenhouse size is 8’x6’. When you’re deciding on which size will suit you best, there’s only one important rule: your greenhouse will feel too small, really fast! Trust us on this one and maybe go one size bigger than you think you’ll need. Let us give you a hand on deciding the perfect greenhouse size for your needs!
Aluminum greenhouse price
A basic aluminum greenhouse kit of about 6’x8’ will start around $500. Depending on the size, and the level of high-quality finishing the price will increase. We’ll help you get started with some of our favorite models per price category!
Aluminium greenhouse under $500
- 【Multi-Function Design】- Adjustable roof vent provide a warm and windless room for your plants.Rain gutters can drain efficiently and prevent rain from splashing. A movable door makes it easy to get in or close the greenhouse.
- 【Durable and Stable Frame】- Walk-in greenhouse rust-resistant aluminum frame is durable and stable and provides a spacious and safe growing space for healthy and safe growth of plants,vegetables and flowers.
- 【UV Protection】- Hot house roofs and walls are made of virtually unbreakable 0.2" polycarbonate panels,blocking up UV rays,diffusing sun light and eliminating the risk of plant burn and shade areas.
- 【Light and Portable】- The strong base can perfectly ensure its stability.The entire green house can be moved when needed.
- 【Easy to Assemble】- With detailed manual and complete accessories, the plant house will take you short time to assemble it well. It is recommended to use gloves for assembling the gardening greenhouse.
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and diffuse sun light eliminating the risk of plant burn and shade areas
- Crystal clear polycarbonate side panels provide 90% light transmission
- Rust resistant aluminum frame with 24 sq. feet of growing space
- Includes adjustable roof vent, rain gutters, lockable door handle with magnetic door catch and a galvanized steel base for structural support
- 5 year limited warranty and US based customer support
- YEAR ROUND GARDENING: Our Outsunny 6’ L x 4’ W x 7’ H polycarbonate outdoor greenhouse is the perfect way to stay in the soil all year-round.
- UV-RESISTANT POLYCARBONATE SHEETS: UV-resistant polycarbonate sheets help keep your plants, vegetables, and flowers safe while allowing natural light to pass through.
- HEAVY-DUTY BASE AND FRAME: A powder-coated aluminum alloy frame with galvanized base provides solid support to your entire structure.
- SLIDING DOOR DESIGN: A sliding door offers easy access to the inside and is made out of the same solid material as the rest of the structure. .
- ROOFTOP VENT PANEL: It features a hinged rooftop panel which ensures that proper ventilation is provided to the inside of your unit.
Aluminium greenhouse under $1000
- Crystal clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate roof and walls panels that provide over 90% light transmission directly onto plants
- Rust resistant aluminum frame powdered coated forest green
- 25 sq feet growing space and 6.5' of head room
- Includes adjustable roof vent, rain gutters, lockable door handle and galvanized steel base
- 5 Year Limit Warranty
- The greenhouse can hold enough plants, gardening tools, etc, even the large plants. Ideal for your backyards or homes; place on a deck, patio, or garden, it features UV protection and weatherproof, will create a perfect room for your plants.
- A movable door makes it easy to get in or close the greenhouse. Rain gutters can drain efficiently and prevent rain from splashing. Adjustable roof vent provide a warm and windless room for your plants, where your plants will grow up safely.
- Assembly required. High-quality aluminum frame and PC sheets assembled with all the hardware and tools, an instruction manual is provided in the box. It takes about 2-3 hours to assemble the greenhouse by 2-3 persons. It is recommended to use gloves for assembling the greenhouse.
- Important Attentions. The UV-protected side of the sheet is covered with opal white film and must face towards the sun. Remove approximately 2 inches of film from all sheet edges before installing. Removing all film immediately after the construction is completed. Make sure the greenhouse is located on a flat, level surface.
- Product dimensions: 99.21(L) x 74.8(W) x 79.13(H) inches. Please search ASIN B078J2CV49 to get 3 PCS garden tool set, ASIN B078HR77CG to get 5 PCS garden tool set.
Aluminum greenhouse under $2000
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm thick twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels are 100% UV protected and high impact resistant
- Clear polycarbonate side panels offer classic style without the worry of glass
- Quick and easy assembly with a simple pin and lock connector system
- Barn shape design creates high headroom and a larger gardening space
- Heavy duty resin frame improves insulation and creates extra durability for many years to come
- 4mm twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% Of UV rays and clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels providing over 90% light transmission
- Reinforced, double wall & rust resistance aluminum frame
- 95 sq. Feet growing space and of head room
- Includes anchoring kit, threshold ramp, two roof vents, galvanized steel base and lockable wide double doors
- 5 year limit warranty
Aluminum greenhouse with glass panels
- Vertical glass is only one piece - Sliding door can be placed in any vertical glass location; front, back or sides
- 6" high foundation frame included as well as a misting system; just provide a hose to connect to faucet
- Roof windows come with an old fashioned spindle and a modern automatic window opener
- 15 Year warranty on frame and 10 year on polycarbonate
- To find out if a Greenhouse installer is in your area, please call our office: Exaco: 877-760-8500 ext 701
- Glass Greenhouse
- Shelving and shade cloth are not included.
Article photo Outsunny