Are you still trying to decide which greenhouse material will suit you best? Or have you decided on a polycarbonate greenhouse but are you a little overwhelmed by the many, many options? We’ll give you a hand and share our favorite polycarbonate greenhouses with you!
What are polycarbonate greenhouses?
Polycarbonate greenhouses are the most common type of greenhouses. Polycarbonate greenhouses are actually a difficult name for plastic panel greenhouses. Polycarbonates are strong tough materials, that are easily molded and thermoformed. Because of these properties, polycarbonates are used in many applications and greenhouses are one of them!
Plastic greenhouses usually consist of polycarbonate panels and an aluminum frame. Aluminum is a great material for greenhouses, it’s light, sturdy and durable!
5 advantages of a polycarbonate greenhouse
- Budget friendliness! Polycarbonate greenhouses are usually very reasonably priced, making greenhouses accessible to many people.
- Polycarbonate greenhouses offer 40% better insulation than glass greenhouses!
- Plastic greenhouses are durable. Polycarbonate is an extremely strong material and holds up well in different weather conditions.
- You’ll find your perfect match. Polycarbonate greenhouses come in many sizes, colors and shapes. You’re sure to find a great fit for your backyard.
- Greenhouse growing is good for you and the environment! Save yourself drives to the store and plastic packaging, just harvest the amount you need and get cooking. We’ll bet your children will start loving vegetables when they have planted and harvested them themselves!
Polycarbonate greenhouse reviews
As we have stated before, there are many different shapes and sizes when it comes to polycarbonate greenhouses. Underneath we’ll review a couple of different options, up to you to decide on the best fit for you!
Aoxun Polycarbonate Walk-in Garden Greenhouse 6’x4’
When you’re looking for a smaller greenhouse that gives you good value for money, this is a great pick for you. It’s strong and has a great design. It’s not too big, not too small and will protect your plants. It creates the perfect environment for seedlings to grow and to shield your plants from outside conditions. Even when your yard is not so big or you don’t want to sacrifice too much space, this will allow you to grow some nice plants and herbs.
Palram Mythos 6’x8’
This is one of our all-time favorites and we have written an extensive review on the Palram Mythos, so take a look there if you really want a deep dive into this product! This greenhouse offers you lots of freedom. It’s big enough to move around and set up some shelves, vegetables, plants, flowers and herbs. It offers great quality for a good price and you are sure to last many years with this beautiful greenhouse.
- THOUGHTFUL ENGINEERING THAT OFFERS YEAR ROUND PROTECTION - Virtually unbreakable twin-wall 6mm polycarbonate panels provide over 70% light transmission with 100% protection from harmful UV rays.
- STURDY THOUGHTFUL CONSTRUCTION WILL LAST A LIFETIME - High impact polycarbonate panels, a frame made of powder coated galvanized steel and aluminum work together to create ideal growing conditions. Galvanized steel base with designated holes for anchoring (anchors not included) for additional structural stability.
- STEP-BY-STEP DIY INSTRUCTIONS DESIGNED FOR HOMEOWNER INSTALLATION - Easy installation using a sliding panel assembly system.
Palram Hybrid lean to greenhouse 4’x8’
Did you know you can also build a greenhouse against one of your outside walls? This offers you a couple of advantages, like easy access to electricity and water. These greenhouses are less exposed to the elements and are protected by your house, which will increase the durability. The Palram lean to greenhouse checks all the boxes. It’s sturdy, has a good size and is durable. Make sure you have a good base (preferably concrete) and enjoy many years of homegrown vegetables. Want to know more? Take a look at our lean to greenhouse article!
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and diffuse sun light eliminating the risk of plant burn and shade areas
- Crystal clear polycarbonate side panels provide 90% light transmission
- Rust resistant aluminum frame extends 7'-5" from floor to peak
Outsunny Stable Outdoor Walk-in greenhouse 10’x6’
This is the biggest greenhouse we are discussing here and is a good fit for anyone who has enough room to spare a piece of their backyard for this beauty. This size greenhouse will give you the opportunity to become very self-sufficient when it comes to fruits and vegetables. If you add heaters in winter, you can cook with homegrown crops all year long.
- Winter-Grade Outdoor Plant Growth: Protect plants from cold, wind, rain, and wild animals. Control heat and humidity. Let in 90% of light, and UV stop sun damage. This 0.25" thick polycarbonate wall walk-in greenhouse gives you a personal plant nursery for your garden. If it's green, you can house it: vegetables, herbs, flowers, or tropical saplings. Stay in the soil all year.
- Adjustable Roof Vent: Take control of humidity; this winter greenhouse features an adjustable roof vent you can use to let in fresh air and easily manage excess moisture. Fine-tune the angle and bring balance to your grow space.
- Durable Design: The easy-to-assemble aluminum frame, tough-as-nails hardware, and reinforced poles of our greenhouses help prevent corrosion, giving you a green house to grow in further into the future.
Palram Oasis 7’x8’x9’
This greenhouse has a very original shape and a unique look! You can place it on a patio or build a little deck for it. Order some shelves and start setting up your plants and vegetables to get growing. This is a durable investment and if you get the bigger size, it could easily double as a sitting corner, perfect for chilly spring or autumn days!
- THOUGHTFUL ENGINEERING THAT OFFERS YEAR ROUND PROTECTION - Virtually unbreakable crystal clear polycarbonate panels provide over 90% light transmission with 100% protection from harmful UV rays.
- STURDY THOUGHTFUL CONSTRUCTION WILL LAST A LIFETIME - High impact polycarbonate panels, a frame made of powder coated galvanized steel and aluminum work together to create ideal growing conditions. Heavy duty frame will withstand wind up to 55 MPH and heavy snow loads when properly assembled,
- STEP-BY-STEP DIY INSTRUCTIONS DESIGNED FOR HOMEOWNER INSTALLATION - Easy installation using a sliding panel assembly system. All hardware included.
A polycarbonate greenhouse is a solid investment and will bring you so much joy! Have fun getting your fingers dirty and cooking with homegrown, pesticide-free vegetables! Still not sure a greenhouse is your way to go? Maybe we can convince you by sharing our love for greenhouse gardening!