Are you still trying to decide which greenhouse material will suit you best? Or have you decided on a polycarbonate greenhouse but are you a little overwhelmed by the many, many options? We’ll give you a hand and share our favorite polycarbonate greenhouses with you!
What are polycarbonate greenhouses?
Polycarbonate greenhouses are the most common type of greenhouses. Polycarbonate greenhouses are actually a difficult name for plastic panel greenhouses. Polycarbonates are strong tough materials, that are easily molded and thermoformed. Because of these properties, polycarbonates are used in many applications and greenhouses are one of them!
Plastic greenhouses usually consist of polycarbonate panels and an aluminum frame. Aluminum is a great material for greenhouses, it’s light, sturdy and durable!
5 advantages of a polycarbonate greenhouse
- Budget friendliness! Polycarbonate greenhouses are usually very reasonably priced, making greenhouses accessible to many people.
- Polycarbonate greenhouses offer 40% better insulation than glass greenhouses!
- Plastic greenhouses are durable. Polycarbonate is an extremely strong material and holds up well in different weather conditions.
- You’ll find your perfect match. Polycarbonate greenhouses come in many sizes, colors and shapes. You’re sure to find a great fit for your backyard.
- Greenhouse growing is good for you and the environment! Save yourself drives to the store and plastic packaging, just harvest the amount you need and get cooking. We’ll bet your children will start loving vegetables when they have planted and harvested them themselves!
Polycarbonate greenhouse reviews
As we have stated before, there are many different shapes and sizes when it comes to polycarbonate greenhouses. Underneath we’ll review a couple of different options, up to you to decide on the best fit for you!
Aoxun Polycarbonate Walk-in Garden Greenhouse 6’x4’
When you’re looking for a smaller greenhouse that gives you good value for money, this is a great pick for you. It’s strong and has a great design. It’s not too big, not too small and will protect your plants. It creates the perfect environment for seedlings to grow and to shield your plants from outside conditions. Even when your yard is not so big or you don’t want to sacrifice too much space, this will allow you to grow some nice plants and herbs.
- Choose 4mm anti-UV polycarbonate board as the main material, which has thermal insulation effect and strong impact resistance, provides the plants with a safe environment for avoiding bad weather and the damage of small animals
- Heavy-duty base and frame: aluminum alloy frame with powder coating, not easy to rust; heavy-duty base has strong wind resistance makes it strong and durable
- Removable door, easy to enter and exit, can provide sufficient operation space, and it is not easy to blow open
Palram Mythos 6’x8’
This is one of our all-time favorites and we have written an extensive review on the Palram Mythos, so take a look there if you really want a deep dive into this product! This greenhouse offers you lots of freedom. It’s big enough to move around and set up some shelves, vegetables, plants, flowers and herbs. It offers great quality for a good price and you are sure to last many years with this beautiful greenhouse.
- Dimensions: 6' x 8' x 7'
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and diffuse sun light eliminating the risk of plant burn and shade areas
- Includes adjustable roof vent, rain gutters, lockable door handle with magnetic door catch and a galvanized steel base for structural support
Palram Hybrid lean to greenhouse 4’x8’
Did you know you can also build a greenhouse against one of your outside walls? This offers you a couple of advantages, like easy access to electricity and water. These greenhouses are less exposed to the elements and are protected by your house, which will increase the durability. The Palram lean to greenhouse checks all the boxes. It’s sturdy, has a good size and is durable. Make sure you have a good base (preferably concrete) and enjoy many years of homegrown vegetables. Want to know more? Take a look at our lean to greenhouse article!
- 4mm twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and crystal clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels that provide 90% light transmission
- Rust resistant aluminum frame w/wall mounting kit
- Adjustable roof vent provides air flow and regulation of heat and humidity levels
Outsunny Stable Outdoor Walk-in greenhouse 10’x6’
This is the biggest greenhouse we are discussing here and is a good fit for anyone who has enough room to spare a piece of their backyard for this beauty. This size greenhouse will give you the opportunity to become very self-sufficient when it comes to fruits and vegetables. If you add heaters in winter, you can cook with homegrown crops all year long.
- ✅SUPPORTS PLANT GROWTH: This greenhouse has transparent 0.25" PC panels that allow for maximum light transmission while retaining heat for early seed sprouting or for protecting plants late in the season.
- ✅ADJUSTABLE ROOF: The adjustable roof of the plant nursery can be positioned to different angles in order to provide proper ventilation and to make sure your plants get all the fresh air they need.
- ✅DURABLE DESIGN: The lightweight aluminum frame, tough-as-nails hardware, and reinforced poles of the hot house help prevent corrosion from prematurely rotting your greenhouse frame.
Palram Oasis 7’x8’x9’
This greenhouse has a very original shape and a unique look! You can place it on a patio or build a little deck for it. Order some shelves and start setting up your plants and vegetables to get growing. This is a durable investment and if you get the bigger size, it could easily double as a sitting corner, perfect for chilly spring or autumn days!
- Twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and crystal clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels that provide 90% light transmission
- Heavy Duty, anthracite powder coated, rust resistant aluminum frame
- Wide double hinged door with lockable door handle - For extra protection and safety (lock not included)
A polycarbonate greenhouse is a solid investment and will bring you so much joy! Have fun getting your fingers dirty and cooking with homegrown, pesticide-free vegetables! Still not sure a greenhouse is your way to go? Maybe we can convince you by sharing our love for greenhouse gardening!