You may think you need a yard, balcony or patio to enjoy the pleasure of homegrown plants and vegetables? Think again! Thanks to indoor greenhouses, you can still grow plants, vegetables and flowers within the confines of your home or even bedroom.
Why an indoor greenhouse?
Indoor greenhouses offer you loads of benefits and you will find there’s a suitable option for everyone. Whether you’re going for a miniature greenhouse to start growing some herbs or you want a full blown model to grow vegetables and flowers, we’ll help you find exactly what you need!
The benefits of an indoor greenhouse:
- It’s easy to move. When you’re planning on moving out of your house or apartment in the next few months or even years, your hard work will be protected as you can usually easily move an indoor greenhouse to your new place
- You don’t need a yard, balcony or patio to enjoy fresh homegrown vegetables. Maybe you do have outside space but the climate in your region is not ideal for growing plants or the amount of sunshine in your yard is too low to benefit from a greenhouse. Enter the indoor greenhouse…
- Your crops are well protected. Your indoor greenhouse won’t suffer from outside elements, such as rain, wind and snow.
- It’s easier to monitor the temperature and conditions in your greenhouse when it’s so close to you.
Where should you place your indoor greenhouse?
Ideally, your greenhouse is placed in a sunny spot, so your plants can benefit from direct sunlight. If that’s not an option for you, you can add lighting to your greenhouse. Take into account though that natural light is always better for plants to grow than artificial light, so ideally you will at least go for a combination of both and won’t completely rely on the added lighting.
Which crops should you plant?
This strongly depends on how much room you have in your indoor greenhouse. If you only have a mini greenhouse, you should probably start with growing beautiful fresh herbs to spice up your food. If you have a big greenhouse, you can even grow a lemon tree. We’ll give you some examples of herbs, vegetables and fruits that will grow indoors!
Most herbs and spices:
- Mint (be careful as this plant tends to grow quickly and might smother your other plants)
Lots of vegetables are suited for indoor growing:
- Hot peppers
What about some homegrown fruit?
Try growing these fruits inside:
Other tips to enjoy your indoor greenhouse to the fullest
As your plants won’t benefit from natural soil, it’s important to make sure that the soil you use has plenty of nutrients. Especially when your plants have just started growing it’s a good idea to use extra fertilizer about once a month.
The temperature in your greenhouse should be around 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit. The easiest way to make sure the temperature doesn’t get too high is by placing a thermometer inside your greenhouse. When temperature gets too high you can either move your greenhouse away from the sun for a little while or open up the top or sides to let some air in.
Make sure you water your plants sufficiently, as plants need both sun and water to grow. Depending on which crop you are growing, check how much water it needs and pay attention to how dry the soil is. During summer your plants might need more water when your house is warmer, so check the greenhouse temperature to give your plants the best chance of survival!
Best mini indoor greenhouses
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
- High quality and brand new. Solid wood frame, sturdy and durable
- Polycarbonate glazing board keeps your plants warm
- Extending growing season and protecting your lovely flowers and planter
- Hinged lid with adjustable stays, and the hinge long 10"
- Assembly required. Portable
- MODERATE SIZED GREENHOUSE - 35.4"x70.8"x39" (LxWxH). Sufficient space for your plant pots & seed beds.
- PORTABLE & EASY TO ASSEMBLE - Weight 11lbs,light and easy to assemble. There is no difficulty setting it up. Suitable for indoor & outdoor use.
- HIGH QUALITY - Sturdy powder-coated steel frame and removable transparent UV resistant PVC film gives excellent ageing resistance and weatherability. Excellent light penetration rate ensures adequate sunlight and heat preservation. It will considerably extend your planting time.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN - 4 zipped doors include 2 roll-up zipped doors for easy access as well as good ventilation and humidity. 4 fixed ropes at each corner make the cover fit the frame much better.
- WARRANTY & ATTENTION: One-year warranty. This item does not include floor and wheels. It is recommended to use on flat ground only.
Best indoor greenhouses
- 8 DURABLE SHELVES- The 8 sturdy shelves provide plenty of room for trays, pots, or planters of anything you want to grow. It’s a convenient option for any gardener!
- INDOOR OUTDOOR- This versatile greenhouse is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use; keep it on your backyard patio, deck, or in the basement or garage! The clear PVC cover helps protect seedlings from frost or pests for an ideal growing environment.
- EASY ASSEMBLY- With no tools required, the greenhouse is easy to assemble! Simply follow the included instructions and connect the rods. Rope and anchors are included for stability, and each shelf comes with zip ties to ensure they can't be tipped over.
- USE IN ALL SEASONS- The walk-in greenhouse is the perfect way to extend your growing season! This home gardening essential is great for plants, seeds, herbs, vegetables, or flowers, and it could also be used to hold supplies.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Materials: Steel frame and PVC cover. Dimensions: (L)56.3”x (W)56.3”x (H)76.7”. Color: Green with clear cover. Rope, anchors, and zip ties included.
- ANYWHERE - This growing stand greenhouses are versatile, and will work inside or outside your home. Sheltered positions like balconies and patios are prime candidates. A quiet corner of your backyard or garden will welcome your greenhouse, too. Look around and ask yourself: where do I want a bit of natural beauty?
- EXTRA WIDE SPACE - 1.5 times Wider than other regular greenhouses. unique design that combines solid build with usability.The 4-Tier Heavy-Duty Greenhouse is an essential tool for protectig seeedlings, tender plants,seed germination and rooting tender cuttings. You can watch seedlings grow to their full potential, all inside this space. It will give you the organization and space to care for what you work hard to grow. It is also an ideal gift for the gardener in your life.
- ZIPPERED PVC COVER - Each Greenhouse grow stand comes with a UV protected, clear, vinyl cover which holds in humidity reducing watering needs. Easy access and ventilation is provided by the zippered door panel in the covering.
- PORTABLE AND STURDY - Lightweight and easy to assemble, no tools are required.It is strong enough to hold seed trays, pots and plants growth light, that will make this product last through the seasons.
- DIMENSION - 63''. H x 40''. W x 20''. D; max loading capacity : 20 lbs each floor. WORTH GARDEN offers an UNBEATABLE consumer-friendly 3-year GUARANTEE on all our Gardening products. Call or email anytime for support. Our team is here to help!