A luxury greenhouse is a stylish, beautiful addition to your backyard. Whether you’re looking for a modern greenhouse, an orangery or a full on Victorian greenhouse, there are many luxurious greenhouse options.
In this article, we run you through the different styles and types of luxury greenhouses.
Victorian greenhouses are the ultimate example of British style and class. They originated in the 17th century in the UK and were soon adopted by the Netherlands and France. A Victorian greenhouse perfectly combines class and functionality. The graceful and romantic style is found in the specific details. The ridge in the roof is extra accentuated by curly ornaments and the glass often is often sandblasted in a particular motive.
A true Victorian greenhouses or glasshouse, as it was originally called, has always been made out of glass. This is the biggest difference between these greenhouses and other luxury greenhouses. Almost all others these days are made out of polycarbonate (a strong kind of plastic) panels, Victorian greenhouses stick to the classic horticultural glass. While it may seem that a glass greenhouse is less strong or sturdy than a polycarbonate one, the opposite is true. Glass offers some clear advantages versus plastic:
- Durability: glass is a very durable material and has a longer lifespan than plastic
- A more constant temperature
- Better light transmission and warmth absorption
- Glass greenhouses offer a better control of humidity
The biggest downside of a glass greenhouse? The price. While it will probably last you a lifetime, longer than the average polycarbonate greenhouse, the initial investment is substantial.
Are you ready for a touch of British class in your backyard? Take a look at our favorite Victorian greenhouses
- Vertical glass is only one piece - Sliding door can be placed in any vertical glass location; front, back or sides
- 6" high foundation frame included as well as a misting system; just provide a hose to connect to faucet
- Roof windows come with an old fashioned spindle and a modern automatic window opener
- Low doorstep threshold for easy entry
- Four roof windows each with automatic openers
- Two louver vents
Luxury English style greenhouses
So maybe you really want to go for a luxurious, British look in your backyard but you don’t have the budget to invest in a true Victorian greenhouse? Not to worry! These days there are many polycarbonate greenhouses that offer a similar luxurious look and feel to the Victorian greenhouses, without the price tag. Sounds good? Take a look at our favorite English style greenhouses.
- Twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and crystal clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels that provide 90% light transmission
- Heavy Duty, anthracite powder coated, rust resistant aluminum frame
- Wide double hinged door with lockable door handle - For extra protection and safety (lock not included)
- 4mm twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% Of UV rays and clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels providing over 90% light transmission
- Reinforced, double wall & rust resistance aluminum frame
- 95 sq. Feet growing space and of head room
Luxury modern greenhouses
Do your home and garden have more of a modern look and feel? Do you like wood, straight lines and/or sleek design? While the original greenhouses all had a similar style to them, recently many alternatives have come up.
A luxurious wooden greenhouse has a beautiful look and is an original choice compared to the more classic designs. It will give your backyard a natural look and blend in with nature. Greenhouse wood is treated to withstand the elements and is therefore a safe choice. However, aluminum frames will always be more durable than wood, because aluminum is less likely to deteriorate under weather conditions. A modern, wooden greenhouse is the perfect pick when you live in a dry area and aren’t planning on heating your greenhouse. When you are looking for a heated greenhouse, our other luxurious picks are a better match for you!
A garden what now? Yep, a garden igloo is a real thing! Whether you want to decorate it as a sitting area, a play area or a greenhouse, a garden igloo is pretty cool. Perfect for modern style backyards and outside chilling!
Inspiration for modern, luxury greenhouses
The number of styles and designs in greenhouses are countless. While browsing online we came across so many creative designs and we want to build them all! While the greenhouses above are all greenhouse kits, the ones below are either to be installed by a professional or completely DIY! Take a look and pick the perfect greenhouse for your backyard!
Did you fall in love with one of these luxury greenhouses? We sure did!