We’re almost halfway through the year, time to take a look at our favorite greenhouse kits of 2020! Never did we expect 2020 to take such a strange turn, the Corona crisis has made the world a different place. However, it seems more and more people are discovering the joy of homegrown vegetables. A greenhouse will let you take home growing to the next level and enjoy gardening all year long.
Maybe you’re quite the handy (wo)man and want to build a greenhouse from scratch. If you are an enthusiastic DIY’er, there’s plenty of manuals to find online to start building. If you are more like me and prefer to receive a detailed plan and all the parts in one delivery, you’ll find a wide range of greenhouse kits. It will still be cheaper than having a company install the greenhouse for you, but you will need fewer tools and equipment. Delivered to your doorstep, with manuals and customer support you can contact. That’s my kind of DIY.
The perfect greenhouse kit for your needs?
When you’re researching the possibility of placing a greenhouse in your backyard, we realize the number of different styles, sizes and prices can be overwhelming. The perfect greenhouse kit for you will depend on a number of factors:
- Material – Glass or polycarbonate? A plastic or polycarbonate greenhouse is the most common choice. These plastic greenhouses are easily set up and budget-friendly. However, if you want to go for a more luxurious look and are willing to spend a little more, a glass greenhouse kit can be a great investment to brighten up your yard. Glass greenhouses are very durable and come in beautiful designs.
- Size – Oh boy… Where do we even begin? Greenhouse kits come in many sizes, they start as small as 4’x4’ and go all the way up to 8’x24’. The most common hobby size is 6’x8’, if you’re looking for a first-time greenhouse kit, this might be a good starting point! Take a look at our article about greenhouse sizes, to decide the perfect size for you.
- Price – A mini greenhouse will cost you less than $100, a semi-professional model can go all the way up to $10.000. In this case, size matters. Glass greenhouses are usually more expensive than plastic or polycarbonate greenhouses. We’ll help you find the best, budget-friendly greenhouse kit of 2020.
- Lean to or not – A lean to greenhouse kit will be installed against one of the outside walls of your house. The perfect solution when you have a smaller yard or want to benefit from the electricity and water inside your house to easily access the greenhouse. Take a look at our lean to article to see the possibilities of this type of greenhouse.
Let’s walk you through the best greenhouse kits of 2020!
Best plastic greenhouse kits
When we say plastic greenhouse kits, we mean greenhouses with polycarbonate panels or greenhouses with plastic covers. The polycarbonate panels are strong, durable and budget-friendly. The plastic cover greenhouses are portable and light, but less weather resistant. These plastic cover greenhouses are a good solution to protect your plants in the summer, but won’t withstand winter conditions. Our favorite greenhouse kits are definitely the polycarbonate greenhouses, they come in many different sizes and shapes!
Best small plastic greenhouse kits
- 🍃【Strong Construction】This mini walk-in greenhouse is built with high quality metal frame with powder coating, durable bearing net on each layer is strong enough to hold more seed trays, pots and plants growth. The clear waterproof PE cover protects plants from frost or pests while allowing nourishing sunlight to pass through.
- 🍃【Indoor Outdoor Greenhouse】Waterproof and UV protection, ideal growing environment , can be used indoor and outdoor at all seasons. Perfect for protecting young plants or extending the plant growing season.
- 🍃【Portable & Easy Setup】Overall Dimensions: 57"L x 57"W x 77"H, Perfect Size for Easy Moving to Indoor or Outdoors. Easy to assemble, no tools required. Enjoying a lot of fun of the flowers and plants in your leisure time!
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and diffuse sun light eliminating the risk of plant burn and shade areas
- Rust resistant aluminum frame with 36 sq. feet of growing space
- Includes adjustable roof vent, rain gutters, lockable door handle with magnetic door catch and a galvanized steel base for structural support
- ✅SUPPORTS PLANT GROWTH: The transparent 0.25" PC panels allow maximum light transmission while retaining heat for early seed sprouting or for protecting plants late in the season.
- ✅ADJUSTABLE ROOF: The adjustable roof positioned to different angles to provide proper ventilation and to make sure your plants get all the fresh air they need.
- ✅DURABLE DESIGN: The lightweight aluminum frame, tough-as-nails hardware, and reinforced poles help prevent corrosion from prematurely rotting your greenhouse frame.
Best large plastic greenhouse kits
- Dimensions: 6' x 10' x 7'
- 4mm twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and cystal clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels that provide 90% light transmission
- 62 sq feet growing space and 6.5' of head room
- 4mm twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% Of UV rays and clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels providing over 90% light transmission
- Reinforced, double wall & rust resistance aluminum frame
- 95 sq. Feet growing space and of head room
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm thick twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels are 100% UV protected and high impact resistant
- Clear polycarbonate side panels offer classic style without the worry of glass
- Quick and easy assembly with a simple pin and lock connector system
Best lean to greenhouse kits
- 4mm twin wall roof panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and crystal clear virtually unbreakable polycarbonate panels that provide 90% light transmission
- Rust resistant aluminum frame w/wall mounting kit
- Adjustable roof vent provides air flow and regulation of heat and humidity levels
- Quickly and easily cover your porch, deck or patio entrance
- Roof panels are 100% UV protected, 4mm twin-wall polycarbonate to protect from direct sunlight
- 3mm translucent acrylic wall panels are 100% UV protected and as clear as glass but safer
Best glass greenhouse kits
- Greenhouse includes 3" high foundation frame, two roof windows, one window auto opener and one sliding door.
- Included safety glass is 4 mm thick
- To find out if a Greenhouse installer is in your area, please call our office: Exaco: 877-760-8500 ext 701