Maybe you have been thinking about getting a greenhouse but haven’t actually found the right trigger to go through with it? Or maybe you always thought a greenhouse was really not your thing? However you came across this article, let us share with you some greenhouse secrets!
- They don’t have to be expensive! Maybe you haven’t invested in a greenhouse yet because you think you can’t afford it. However, there are many budget friendly options! Consider a portable greenhouse, mini greenhouse or small polycarbonate greenhouse.
- You don’t need a backyard to enjoy greenhouse growing! No, really! Take a look at indoor greenhouses and grow tropical fruits and vegetables inside your house.
- The assembly is hard. We’re not going to lie to you, when you want to install a greenhouse, and especially a large one, you will curse a little bit during it. Make sure you engage a helper, reward them with wine or cookies and try to look at it as an adventure. You can off course have a greenhouse installed for you, but a greenhouse kit is a very budget friendly option and believe us, it will be so worth it in the end!
- You can use them during winter. Of course you can! Depending on where you live, you can either choose to grow winter vegetables, add a heater or just use it to protect your plants from frost and snow.
- You don’t need to be a gardening expert to be able to grow in a greenhouse! Just like every other new thing, take it one step at a time. Start by growing some ‘easy’ plants and vegetables, like chives, spinach, mint, etc. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, there are lots of greenhouse gardening books and online courses to take that will help you!
- You can use it as a hideaway. I have installed a comfy chair, a small table and a blanket and tend to slip away to my greenhouse when I need some peace and quiet. When your kids are being loud or your work is overwhelming you, take a little time for yourself. Spending time between plants and vegetables is the best relaxation exercise ever.
- Greenhouses are the best thing ever. They are! Good for the environment, good for your wallet, good for your mental health and so much more! Need we say more? Discover why having a greenhouse is the absolute best!
So… What do you think? Are you still not sure a greenhouse is your way to go? Have you been completely convinced and are you ready to set up? Just to get you started, here’s our greenhouse beginners guide. It will help you with everything you need to start growing today!