Are you really passionate about monitoring the weather conditions both inside and outside your greenhouse? Do you grow plants that are very temperature or humidity sensitive? Are you just a little bit of a tech freak who likes to install the best gadgets? A greenhouse weather station is a next level greenhouse thermometer. Not only will it predict weather conditions and tell you the outside temperature, it will give you an extremely detailed view of all parameters that could influence your greenhouse and plants. Weather stations come in all sorts of price categories, from a real semi professional home weather station that will cost you up to $300 to a basic one of less than $50.
The biggest difference between a $50 dollar weather station and a $300 dollar one? The more high end weather stations will offer you a lot of interesting advantages
- Solar powered. Most high quality weather stations are solar powered, no need to run electricity cables or replace batteries!
- E-mail and app alerts. A fancy greenhouse weather station will give you live insights on the circumstances inside and outside your greenhouse.
- Extensive measurements. The wind direction, the wind speed, humidity and UV data … The weather conditions will have no secrets for you anymore!
- AI. Some of the high end weather stations will even use AI to optimize and fine tune weather predictions and accuracy.
We’ll share some of our favorite models with you, in different price classes!
Weather stations under $50
Thermopro TP67 Waterproof weather station
This is a decent weather station for a very affordable price. It generates all basic information you need to keep an eye on your greenhouse. Inside and outside temperature, humidity and even basic weather forecasts. The LCD display is easy to read and will give you all the info on one screen. Don’t expect miracles from this model, the more advanced data displayed (such as atmospheric pressure) might not be 100% reliable. This station is easy to install and a good starting point for greenhouse enthusiasts!
- 【Cold-resistant & Weatherproof Rechargeable Sensor 】 Waterproof remote outdoor temperature and humidity monitor sensor is completely sealed to guarantee weather updates in rain or snow up to 200 ft. Rechargeable temperature sensor can monitor outdoor temperatures as low as -31°F(-35°C) and maintain a charge for more than 1 year
- 【Weather Forecast and digital barometer Graph】Large Wireless thermometer indoor outdoor display features weather forecast that's able to predict the weather conditions with barometric pressure, 12-24 hours in advance and then display the weather forecast via 5 icons (sunny, partially cloudy, cloudy, rainy and snow). Plan your travel and activities in advance with confidence
- 【Informational】 humidity meter monitors indoor outdoor temperature (°F/°C) and humidity (%RH) and records Min/max Temperatures and humidity percentages with trend arrows to indicate where the humidity or temperature is headed to alert you of changes to your environment
- 【User Friendly Design】4" Large Clear LCD display digital remote thermometer with a backlit button to allow for all information to be easier to read in dim light conditions and superbly simple to use. Place the temperature and humidity gauge anywhere with tabletop and wall-mountable design
- 【Sync up to 3 outdoor Remote Sensors】Home weather stationmonitor can display the readings from up to 3 temperature sensors to monitor different locations【Additional sensor can be ordered (ASIN B072BY1M2V/ B07M6SCWZR/ B07RDPYK1K)】
Govee Wireless Weather Station
This Govee Wireless Weather station is our favorite model in the under $50 category! The colored LCD display is very attractive and the light is strong enough to read in a dark room but not so strong it’s unpleasant (the brightness is also easily adjustable). Installing it takes only a couple of minutes. The temperature and humidity information is very accurate and the forecasts are pretty dependable (especially for a weather station in this price category). Honestly, we’ve tried to find critical remarks about this one but haven’t succeeded, it’s an absolute winner in the under $50 category!
- HD Color LCD: With full glass panel protection, you can press on screen without worrying about figure distortion. More than 170° viewing angle ensures you to see readings clearly from any direction. [ Batteries required, but not included.]
- Real-time Temp/Humidity: Know your indoor and outdoor temp/humidity without turning on the news or stepping outside. -40℃～70℃/ 20%～99%RH utra outdoor working range withstands any harsh conditions and arrows on LCD shows you how temp/humidity changes.
- Accurate Weather Forecast: 5 vivid icons stay you informed of the next 12 - 24h weather with just a glance. 800hPa - 1100hPa barometric pressure not only shows exact readings but also offers an indicator for a rainy day to come. Thus you can plan the day ahead and know how to choose between shirt and sweatshirt.
- User-friendly Snooze Mode: Simply press Snooze button to stop annoying alarms and get extra 5-minute sleep. Select between weekdays or everyday as a routine for Snooze Mode and alarm clock. 8 kinds of moon phases are great for astronomy enthusiasts.
- Hassle-free Wireless Transmission: Up to 229ft wireless transmission (no obstacles) allows you to keep known of outdoor conditions when you are in comfortable room. Placing on desktop or hanging on the wall meet your different needs and make installation a breeze.
Weather stations under $200
Ecowitt GW1002 Wi-Fi Weather Station
Looking for an extensive weather station that will allow you to manage your greenhouse like a pro? This Ecowitt weather station is next level! It’s solar powered and measures wind direction, wind speed and light and UV data. Obviously it also covers the basics like temperature, humidity and weather forecasts. Your console is updated every 16.5 seconds for the most accurate data and connects to an app (available for both Android and iOS) to continuously monitor the inside and outside circumstances of your greenhouse. It comes with a self-emptying rain collector and is easy to install. The only thing you need to know is that you need Wifi for this greenhouse weather station to work!
- WIFI Weather Station: allows you to monitor your home and backyard weather conditions on your phone(iOS&Android) via our free WS View app(within your home network) and Ecoiwtt weather server(remote monitoring); supports to add optional sensors: max 8 WH31 multi-channel temp and humidity sensor / 8 WH51 soil moisture sensor / 4 WH41 PM2.5 air quality sensor
- Separated Weather Sensors for Best Locations: Solar Powered Anemometer - measures wind direction, wind speed, wind gust, UV & light data; updates to your console every 16.5 second; Self-emptying Rain Collector - The wireless funnel-shaped rain collector is self-emptying and easy to install; Outdoor Temp & Humidity sensor - wall-mountable or hanging design, easy to install
- Live Data on APP: Makes all sensor data available to mobile application (WS View for iOS or Android) on your local network; Mobile application is also used for local viewing of sensor data, and to assist in configuration of services
- Graph & History Records on the Website: supported to upload all the sensors data to our free Ecowitt Weather server(ecowitt.net) to view all the data graph and download the history records on the website; Email alerts functions available for all the sensors
- Other Supported Weather Servers: Supports uploads outdoor sensor data to weather underground, weathercloud and WOW; enables you to view historical records from your WU station(outdoor temperature, humidity, wind, rain); also supports uploading to customized website(needs to have the same protocol with wunderground or ecowitt weather server)
AcuRite 01540M 5-in-1 Weather Station
Another great option for greenhouse weather stations under $200. Easily measure the temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind direction and speed. The attractive color display with adjustable light strength is easy to read and gives you all the necessary information in one glance. All the info is also displayed on an app (available for Android and iOS) to get a live view of the circumstances both inside and outside your greenhouse. This weather station is solar powered, so no need to change batteries or plug in electricity. When you attach all sensors according to the instructions, this is a very reliable and accurate weather station. Definitely a winner, if you ask us!
- Weather station measures temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction and rainfall
- Illuminated color weather station display with backlight and auto dim for easy viewing
- Displays comprehensive weather information including indoor/outdoor temperature with trend arrows, feels like temperature, heat index, dew point, indoor/outdoor humidity, barometric pressure w trend arrow, and wind speed/direction
- Shows historical weather information, including enhanced rainfall history
- Includes 12-24 hour feature forecasts
Weather stations over $200
WeatherFlow smart home weather station
Are you looking for the crème de la crème of home weather stations? Extensive features, high quality materials, easy set up… This one has it all! Next to basic information such as temperature, humidity and wind direction and speed, it’s also solar powered and connects to Wifi and a cool app. A fun gimmick is that you can see weather stations around the world! The wireless sensors have a huge range(1000+ ft). The reviews for this weather station say it all. Weather geek or greenhouse enthusiast? If your budget allows this purchase, you will not regret it!
- The most advanced home weather station on the market at any price.
- Revolutionary design: no-moving parts to wear out, precision sonic anemometer, instantaneous haptic rain sensor
- Solar powered, super long-range outdoor wireless sensors (1000+ ft), incredibly simple to install
- Instantly online: free iOS and Android apps, free personal weather webpage, direct link to Weather Underground. REST API plus UDP and BLE local broadcast.
- Forward compatibility with WeatherFlow Tempest Weather System including Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms which continuously fine tune your weather station’s accuracy and forecasting so you know exactly what is happening on your property
Check out the explainer video by WeatherFlow right here: